Raging Red's Adventures So Far!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Little Bit Of Background

As the above banner says, my ultimate goal is to make it to China in May of this year!  Details below!


I'm just getting started on this blogging phenomenon, but I think the closer I get to FINALLY getting off of North America for the first time in my life, the more caps and exclamation points I will use, and the more excited I will become!

For starters, I am a member of Dixie State College's Raging Red, a traveling show choir that recruits for the college, and inspires young children by telling them about the college experience in an exciting, positive way through singing and dancing. It also encourages current college students to get involved. Raging Red is a family in and of itself, it's always growing and changing, getting better and better, and finding more and more talent. My personal experience of Raging Red has been one of the very best of my entire College experience. With major stress from a heavy class load, starting my day off singing and dancing with happy, energetic people keeps me sane and is a great let out for everything that might weigh down on me the rest of the day. 

We get to improve our fine arts skills in Raging Red, but we also learn incredible life lessons from one another, and from out director, Merrilee Webb, and amazingly energetic, powerfully present individual who seeks to inspire us at every opportunity. 


From Merrilee's efforts and influence, and the amazing success of Raging Red as a whole, we have the opportunity to travel to China after the Spring Semester ends this year! (see the right side of the page for a bit more info!) Our Chinese performances include locations such as the Great Wall, Quingdao University, and the National Library in Beijing :] this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and i am working extremely hard to raise the funds to go, which total high, high on the money scale as far as a starving college student is concerned. Stay tuned for updates on the going-on of Raging Red, and if you feel inspired, if you feel like this is a worthy cause, please, PLEASE, help me fulfill my dream of making this trip by donating ANY amount to my China fund with the button on the right!

85 DAYS TO CHINA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment